Transcript Notes Template for Excel
The Transcript Notes Template is a spreadsheet template for proofreaders, scopists, and court reporters to efficiently keep track of names, dates, exhibits, and more.
"If you can be one thing, you should be efficient." - Wayne, Letterkenny
- The QuickSort function quickly groups and sorts notes with a keyboard shortcut.
- Conditional formatting automatically highlights any duplicate entries.
- Weekdays automatically populate for entered dates.
- Hover over a column heading to see a note with more information.
- Categories for grouping notes on QuickSort can be selected from customizable dropdowns.
Having separate sheets for different types of notes helps you keep organized so you can find what you need faster. A place for everything, and everything in its place!
- Notes: abbreviations, addresses, case numbers, citations, drug names, file numbers, laws, miscellaneous notes, publication titles, etc.
- Names: attorneys, entities, facilities, interpreters, judges, parties, witnesses, etc. Checkboxes allow you to mark the names that have been verified.
- Dates: case proceedings, document dates, incidents, medical appointments, etc. Associated weekdays automatically populate for each valid date.
- Exhibits: any referenced or marked exhibits. Keep track of page numbers for indexing and any related dates and Bates numbers.
- Figures: dollar amounts or quantities. Select multiple cells to see the sum of those figures in the Status Bar.
- GLOBALS: errors marked for global correction throughout a PDF transcript. This sheet can be hidden for anyone who doesn't need it.
Requirements: Microsoft Excel 2013 or newer.
(Google Sheets™ version is coming!)
Your downloads will include the Transcript Notes Template, a User Guide PDF, and a sample workbook containing fictitious data.
Purchase includes one non-transferable personal license to be used for your personal or business use only. This license does not allow for commercial use. You may not send, give, transfer, distribute, or sell any downloadable template or custom spreadsheet, free or otherwise, original or modified, to anyone outside of your business unless you have express written permission from Peacock Sheetsmithing.
Due to the digital nature of this product, all sales are final and no refunds will be issued.